Joint DWI Enforcement
JOINT DWI ENFORCEMENT
CORSICANA - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), in conjunction with Navarro County Sheriff's Office will increase DWI enforcement on June 28 and 29, 2019. DPS troopers will partner with Navarro County Sheriff's Deputies to look for drunk drivers, speeders, seat belt violators and other drivers who are endangering themselves and others.
DPS offers the following tips for safe travel:
...• Don't drink and drive. Designate a driver or take a cab.
• Slow down - especially in bad weather, construction areas and heavy traffic.
• Eliminate distractions, including the use of mobile devices.
• Buckle up everyone in the vehicle - it's the law.
• Slow down or move over for police, fire, EMS and Texas Department of Transportation vehicles and tow trucks that are stopped on the side of the road with emergency lights activated - it's the law.
• Don't drive fatigued.
• Drive defensively, as holiday travel may present additional challenges.
• Make sure your vehicle is properly maintained before your trip begins.